Condo InsuranceOne of the biggest selling attractions when buying a condominium is little or no exterior building maintenance or repairs needed to be made by you. The condominium association usually covers the structure in their “Master Policy,” however the interior is the responsibility of the homeowner. Almost all condominium associations require the homeowner to have specific condo insurance.


In most condo communities the association is responsible for the building structure and the common areas. From the studs in is the responsibility of the homeowner. This covers such things as drywall, paint, cabinets, appliances, and personal property.

A Condo Policy Includes:

  • Dwelling Protection – Cabinets, Studs, Paint, and etc
  • Personal Property Protection Furniture, Televisions, Computers, and etc
  • Liability Coverage To prevent lawsuits
  • Loss Assessment – Possible requirement from the condo association to cover a particular loss, usually is $2,000